Personal Bankruptcy Attorney
An Affordable and Experienced Personal Bankruptcy Attorney
Based in Kentucky, the personal bankruptcy attorneys at Bunch & Brock understand that circumstances exist that can result in financial problems for even the most well-intentioned people.
Anyone can find themselves facing a tough economic situation such as unemployment, underemployment, being a victim of a fiscal crisis (like the recent ones affecting the housing and credit industries), coping with a divorce or enduring a debilitating illness.
When Circumstances Change, You Need a Kentucky Personal Bankruptcy Lawyer
The generally accepted meaning of the American Dream is the idea that anyone can have a happy and successful life if they work hard. Implied in this opportunity is prosperity. When financial obstacles to that Dream become overwhelming, you may need to speak with a Lexington personal bankruptcy lawyer to learn your options.
In the story of the American Dream, there is no mention of losing your job to downsizing, your home to foreclosure, your access to easy credit. Yet, these losses have been felt by a multitude of hardworking people who tried to provide for their family only to end up with finances in shambles. Creditors who want their money yesterday. Ominous foreclosure notices in the mail. Utilities being shut off. Cars being repossessed. Wages being garnished.
You Have Options. Talk to a Personal Bankruptcy Attorney
If you have found yourself in this discouraging situation with debt that you don’t know how to turn around, there is good news.
You may be able to get relief through personal bankruptcy, which is legal way to have your debts forgiven. Many people mistakenly believe that filing for bankruptcy means they will lose all of their assets. In fact, the opposite is true. Bankruptcy is a way to protect your money and property from aggressive creditors who can use the courts to seize your possessions.
You deserve the protections allowed by bankruptcy law, and we can steer you in the right direction. If you are burdened with debt, you need the calm competence of a skilled legal team in your corner.
Contact one of our skilled Kentucky personal bankruptcy attorneys at Bunch & Brock to schedule a consultation. Our law firm is based in Lexington, and we serve clients throughout Kentucky.
Client Review of Our Personal Bankruptcy Lawyer
“Caryn was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to deal with some very difficult creditors. When the plan needed to be changed she was able to quickly amend it. I have dealt with many attorneys in my work over 30 years and she would certainly be one of the best I have encountered. I would recommend her to anyone facing bankruptcy, which can be both painful and long. However she can help you see the light at the end of the tunnel and will make things easier.”
-Kilo Man, 5 out of 5 stars
Personal Bankruptcy Can Be a Complicated Legal Maze
An experienced personal bankruptcy attorney can help you through the difficult journey and see you through to an improved financial future.
At Bunch & Brock, you can rely on our experience. Our personal bankruptcy lawyer will handle every phase of the process, including getting creditors to stop attempting to collect on unpaid bills. It is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible to begin rebuilding your credit, which is the key to accessing a good job, a decent neighborhood and a good mortgage if you want to be a homeowner.
How Our Personal Bankruptcy Attorneys Can Help
The Lexington personal bankruptcy attorneys at Bunch & Brock are familiar with every type of financial circumstance leading to personal bankruptcy. We understand, we do not judge, and we’re here to help in any way possible. Our attorneys assist personal bankruptcy clients with:
- Decisions and planning. The decision to file for bankruptcy should never be made without consideration of all options. Drawing from years of experience, our attorneys are here to help you determine whether bankruptcy is your best tool or another debt management alternative is advisable. We provide valuable counsel to help you deal with present problems and plan for a brighter future.
- Ending creditor harassment. Some creditors and collection agencies use questionable (and illegal) tactics to pursue payment for debt. Bunch & Brock will ensure your rights are protected before and after a Kentucky bankruptcy filing. Chapter 7 and other bankruptcy categories prevent all types of creditor harassment, and your creditors should continue to cease and desist after debts are discharged.
- Avoiding costly mistakes. If you have decided to take advantage of bankruptcy protection, there is a right way and a wrong way to proceed.
Our personal bankruptcy lawyers can help ensure your filings are complete and error-free, and guide you to act prudently in your own best interests. Many bankruptcy filers make timing or spending mistakes that prove very costly. We are here to help you prevent these missteps.
- Protecting your assets. Depending upon your individual circumstance, you may be able to keep most or even all of your assets in a bankruptcy filing. Our firm can help you select the right filing status to take advantage of legal exemptions and safeguards and help you negotiate favorable terms to keep your valued property.
- Regaining financial footing. If you are like many or our clients, your post-bankruptcy feelings may include exhilaration… and fear. Navigating the future with a bankruptcy in your recent past means you need to take steps to rebuild your credit and prevent future debt problems. Our Lexington personal bankruptcy attorneys provide wise counsel and useful tools to help you move forward confidently and achieve financial success.
Plan to Move Forward with a Personal Bankruptcy Lawyer
Being free of crushing debt is an essential part of living the American Dream. With over 35 years of experience in our community, the Lexington, Kentucky bankruptcy lawyers at Bunch & Brock are committed to providing each of our clients with a high level of personal service. We are dedicated to helping those in our community who may find themselves struggling with overwhelming financial problems.
We promise a personal bankruptcy attorney at Bunch & Brock will take the time to fully understand your situation and discuss options for your debt relief. Let us work with you to make the best plan for eliminating or repaying your debts.
We encourage you to seek debt relief. Contact our office by calling 859-469-4821 or fill out our online form.
Representation in Consumer Bankruptcy Cases
An experienced personal bankruptcy attorney at Bunch & Brock will represent debtors in all kinds of consumer bankruptcy law cases. The United States Bankruptcy Code provides a few different ways for individuals to file bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: The most common form of personal bankruptcy. It allows some, if not all, debts to be discharged. A discharge means that the debts no longer exist and no longer have to be paid.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Best for those who have a steady income, temporary financial problems and a desire to repay some of the debt. If you successfully complete the court-approved payment plan, the debts covered by the plan are discharged.
- Chapter 12 Bankruptcy: Available only to “family farmers.” There are special qualification requirements for “family farmers” relating to the income, assets and debts of those engaged in farming.
Not all debts are eligible to be discharged, and there are certain advantages and disadvantages to filing under the various chapters. Furthermore, new bankruptcy debtors have to receive credit counseling from an approved credit counseling agency before they can file.
Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
Personal bankruptcy can provide a variety of financial relief – but is Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 the best option for you? The bankruptcy attorneys at Bunch & Brock can help provide you the detailed advice you need, but below is an overview we hope you’ll find helpful.
Each type of bankruptcy offers a variety of options that can influence what assets are protected, if/when wages are garnished, tax liabilities and credit card debt. Bankruptcy can seem like a complicated maze, but understanding the types of bankruptcy will help identify the best solution for your circumstance. Call us today to discuss your financial challenges and let our lawyers help point you in the right direction.